Build AI voice interactions with Wit.ai
Facebook is passionate about bringing the world closer together by advancing artificial intelligence - connecting people to what they care about, powering new, meaningful experiences, and advancing the state-of-the-art through open research and accessible tooling.
Wit.ai is Facebook's AI technology enabling people to interact with products using voice and text.
Whether you’re just getting started, or an experienced pro, we invite you to submit an engaging voice-enabled app for consumers featuring natural language interactions that leverage the Wit.ai platform. We’re looking for innovative solutions in the following categories: Day-to-day Basics, Social Coordination, Local Discovery, Media Consumption, Fitness, Voice/AR Navigation, Voice Games, Shopping Assistant, and Entertainment.
Not only is this a chance to put your skills to the test and try out the new version of Wit.ai, but you’ll also discover that you don't need to be an AI/ML developer to build powerful natural language experiences that can solve real problems right away.
In addition, you will connect with a global community of like-minded developers, benefit from educational resources and be in the running to win some awesome cash prizes.
We’ll also be providing a free swag giveaway* to each team member from an eligible submission.
* Only while supplies last. 1 gift item (up to 4 max) per eligible Entry. Limit 1 item per Individual regardless of number of Entries. Actual gift items, type, value may vary from descriptions and images. Mode of shipment for delivery within Sponsor’s sole discretion, only to addresses within the Territory, and any customs charges, taxes, fees applicable to item receipt and use is recipient’s responsibility. Sponsor does not guarantee delivery or date of receipt. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to full Contest Official Rules.
** All prizing subject to full Official Rules. Winning Org or Team is responsible for dividing and distributing lump sum cash payouts and all other prizes amongst themselves. Mode of delivery for all prizes, including devices, payments, virtual meeting or call scheduling, etc. is solely at Sponsor’s discretion and subject to availability, shipping restrictions and delays. If advertised prize is unavailable, may be replaced with equivalent prize.
$7,000 in prizes
• $3,000 USD
• At least one 30-minute virtual meeting with a Facebook engineer
• Oculus Quest 64GB VR headset (ARV: $399 USD; 1 per individual, 4 max per Org or Team)
• $2,500 USD
• $1,500 USD
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
What to build: Build an engaging voice-enabled app for consumers featuring natural language interactions that leverage the Wit.ai platform.
We’re looking for innovative solutions in the following categories: Day-to-day Basics, Social Coordination, Local Discovery, Media Consumption, Fitness, Voice/AR Navigation, Voice Games, Shopping Assistant, and Entertainment.
What to submit:
- Demo video. Your video (hosted on Facebook Video, YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku) should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
- Access. A way to access your working web or mobile application, chatbot, smart home devices and your Wit.ai app ID for judging and testing.
- Complete submission form. All required fields must be completed and submitted on Devpost BEFORE the deadline. Late entries will NOT be accepted.
Software Engineering Manager
Quality of the Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Potential Strategic Impact
Includes the potential value and usefulness to real-world users.
Implementation of the Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer, the extent to which the featured Facebook products were incorporated, and the extent to which respect for user privacy was considered or incorporated in the design.
- Machine Learning/AI